If you have come this far it is because you have probably decided to assemble a puzzle but you do not want to die trying. The assembly puzzles is a practice that for many of us is highly relaxing , regenerates brain activity and stimulates visio intelligence spacing l among others. But as much as it seems that it’s just a matter of joining pieces , it can end in disaster if you don’t follow the right strategy.
We will try to give you a series of useful tips to assemble your first puzzle without dying in the attempt.
Tips for your first puzzle
- When choosing the first puzzle to assemble, do it according to your age group . If you are an adult we advise you not to exceed 1000 pieces in the first puzzle, being the most convenient to choose a puzzle of about 500 pieces to start.
- Choose a theme that you like taking into account that it has more differentiation between the colors , the more comfortable it will be for you to assemble your first puzzle. For this reason, if your first puzzle has many different colors, clearly the better it will be the previous selection and the easier the assembly will be. In our online store you can find a wide variety of themes, surely among all you will find the most appropriate for you.
- Get a support of the same measurements as the size of the puzzle once it is finished, these measurements are expressed in the box. We must emphasize the importance of keeping the puzzle safe during the assembly process, since the possible visits that you have in your house can move the surface in an oversight and throw your valuable work on the ground.
- To solve space problems or accidents, there are fabrics called puzzle roll . These fabrics allow you to roll the puzzle half assembled, even with pieces in the middle not located, without taking up space and preserving the exact place of the pieces until their new use. You have an explanatory video on our YouTube channel .
- You already have all the preparations ready. Now you can open the box and separate all the pieces that form the edge of the puzzle . They are characterized by having one or two completely smooth sides, with the pieces with two smooth sides corresponding to the corners.
- Separate the rest of the pieces by colors. Make heaps with each color and place them in boxes or dividers of some kind, any container is useful although at Puzzlemania we offer you the possibility of acquiring separator trays expressly made for this purpose.
- Once all the pieces have been organized, it is time to start assembling the complete edge , if any part of the edge does not appear, do not hurry, leave it for another time, it will appear.
- Once the border is assembled you can start to fit the colors, look at the sample of the puzzle and choose the color that you consider easier . You can change colors without problem as long as you have them located and then put them in their corresponding place.
- If you have doubts about whether a specific piece is in a certain place, take the piece that you think it fits in and turn them both over , try to fit them in now. If they do not fit perfectly, that was not their place, so you must leave the pieces in place and try another.
- Do not be overwhelmed if you do not find the piece you are looking for, if you focus on something it is better to leave it, take a breath and try at another time. Then, with a clear head, you watch the pieces in a different way.